Lisa

Fast forward, nearly 18 years later & I find myself in the land of TODAY. Here I am, the mother of a high school Senior.

Its hard for me to believe when I look at him that he has been one of the most influential, motivational, teachers in my life - my man child. Now here he is, in his last year of grade school preparing for life outside of "the nest".

Bright, intelligent, athletic, humorous & handsome...not to mention resilient. This kid has experienced & overcome more  than most grown men in their lifetime. Instead of allowing his trials to be used as an excuse, or a crutch, he instead chose to work harder and NOT become a statistic. It would been much easier for him to take the low road with his hand out, but he sees more in this life for hiself...one day his own family. 

I often stare at him in disbelief that he is a product of me & his father. Hey, at least we did something right! He is a young man of great character, which makes me especially proud to be his Momma. 

This next year will bring big things for him. The opportunities are truly limitless!  I hope & pray God will continue to guide him every day.

1 Response

Post a Comment

Pages

Powered By Blogger
Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Followers

Total Pageviews